Want to make Tasty Nosh For Less Dosh?
We’ve come up with delicious bob-saving solutions for your favourite meals.
Holly's Tasty Lasagne
Top hacks for making Holly’s Lasagne:
1. Make mince meat go further by adding lentils or beans to the mix
2. Pack a flavour punch using Colman’s Bolognese and White Sauce Recipe Mixes – no need to buy all the separate ingredients!
3. Reduce oven energy usage by batch cooking and filling up your oven. Portion up and freeze your leftovers, ready to defrost and quickly reheat in the microwave
Serve up Holly’s Lasagne for £1.38 per portion*.
*Based on Tesco prices 29/08/22 using lowest cost ingredients at full price with a recipe serve for 8 portions.
Tom's Tasty Tacos
Top hacks for making Tom’s Tacos:
1. Reduce your cost per serve on mince by buying bigger packs of meat and bulking it out with lentils or beans
2. Dried lentils over tinned is often cheaper per gram (top tip: batch cook your lentil mince mix so it’s ready to go for lasagne, pies, you name it..)
3. Pack a flavour punch using Colman’s Chilli Con Carne Recipe Mix – no need to buy all the separate seasoning ingredients!
Serve up Tom’s Tacos for £2.27 per portion*.
*Based on Tesco prices 29/08/22 using lowest cost ingredients at full price with a recipe serve for 4 portions.
Gemma Hosts Big Night In
We’ve challenged our pal Gemma to recreate her friends’ favourite takeaways on a budget for their next get-together.
Gemma’s created a winning spread for £1.26 per portion*, all using Colman’s delicious Big Night In Recipe Mixes. Easy, scrumptious, and affordable… roll on ‘fakeaway’ night!
*Based on Tesco prices 29/08/22 using lowest cost ingredients at full price with a recipe serve for 12 portions.
Cupboard Essentials Mac & Cheese with Arancini Leftovers
Instead of a shopping list, we’ve shopped for ingredients from our shelves, cupboards, fridges, and freezers to make our delicious Cupboard Essentials Mac & Cheese.
Bonus hack idea: Why not add extra ingredients that need using up? Here are some of our favourites for inspiration: stirred in bacon, cherry toms or veggies, and crushed crackers or blue cheese topping.
All sorts of leftovers go well in a Mac & Cheese, don’t let them go to waste!