Mixed bean CHILLI WITH SWEET POTATO CHUNKS
A spicy seasoning mix with chilli powder and cumin – add some plant power to your classic 'Chilli Con Carne'.
- Add olive oil to a heated pan.followed by the chopped onions and crushed garlic. Simmer until onions become translucent.
- Add the vegan mince. Cook for 5 minutes until the mince begins to brown.
- Add in the chopped tomatoes and mix in well with the mince.
- Pour 800ml of boiling water into a measuring jug and empty the entire contents of the Colman’s chilli con carne mix. Mix until it has dissolved into the water.
- Pour the chilli con carne mixture into the pan and give the chilli a stir.
- Peel and chop the sweet potatoes into small cubes and add to the chilli followed by the mixed beans.
- Mix and cover the pan. Allow it to cook at medium heat for 15-20 minutes.
- Once the sweet potato have cooked and chilli has thickened add the chopped jalapeños.
- Taste, then adjust the seasoning by adding more salt or pepper if needed.
- Serve with a spoonful of mashed avocado, spring onions and a wedge of lime.