Colman’s Chilli Con Carne, Served in Mini Tortilla Cups
Prep: 10 mins / Cook: 30 mins / Total: 40mins
4 mini flour tortillas
1 tbsp veg oil
250g lean British beef mince
1 green pepper, sliced
1 tin of red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 tin of chopped tomatoes
1 x packet of Colman’s Chilli Con Carne mix
150ml cold water
1 tsp of Colman’s mustard powder (optional)
2 tbsp sour cream, to top with
1 tbsp chopped chives, to garnish
- Pre-heat the oven to 180c.
- Heat the oil in a heavy based pan over a medium-high heat and brown your beef mince. Add in the sliced green pepper, red kidney beans and tinned tomatoes, stirring to combine. Cook for 2-3 minutes until the green peppers are starting to soften.
- Combine 1 packet of Colman’s Chilli Con Carne mix with 150ml of water and add this into your pan, stirring to ensure everything is combined.
- Add in a tsp of Colman’s mustard powder (optional) for an added kick, stir and turn the heat down, simmering everything for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, use an up-turned muffin tray to create cups with your mini tortillas. Push each tortilla into the spaces between each muffin mound and bake for 6-8 minutes, until hard and taking on a golden colour.
- Remove your tortilla cups from the oven and fill each one with chilli con carne mix, then top with a dollop of creme fraiche and a sprinkle of fresh, chopped chives.