Asparagus and Brie Quiche
Recipe by Bonners Fruit and Veg - Oxford
- Grease a 9-inch tart pan or pie plate with butter, place the pan onto a baking sheet.
- To make the crust: In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, sesame seeds, and salt. Add the butter and toss with the flour. Add the 1/3 cup ice-cold water and mix until just combined, adding more water as needed until the dough forms a ball. Roll the dough into a large circle about 1/4 inch thick. Fit the pie crust into the prepared pie plate. Cover and transfer to the freezer to chill for 20 minutes, or 1 hour in the fridge.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 C) . Remove the crust from the freezer. Line the crust with parchment paper and fill with pie weights, beans or rice. Transfer to the oven and bake until crust is set, 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and reduce the oven temp 325 (160 C).
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, yogurt, thyme, basil, dill, chives, crushed red pepper, and a pinch each of salt and pepper.
- Cut 2/3 the asparagus into 1-inch pieces. Arrange in the bottom of the sesame crust, reserve the remaining asparagus for the top of the quiche. Add the brie and drizzle with honey. Pour the filling into the pie crust, wiggling the pan around to help evenly distribute the ingredients. Arrange the remaining asparagus stems on top.
- Transfer to the oven and bake 55-65 minutes or until the eggs are set in the centre. Let cool 5-10 minutes before serving. Serve topped with fresh herbs. Enjoy!
Bonners Fruit and Veg
20 Market Street, Oxford, OX1 3DU