Creamy Baked Dip Wreath
Garlic rolls baked to golden perfection, and a gooey, bubbly cheese-y dip to go along with them. What dreams are made of.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and grease a round baking dish (28cm). *Chef’s Tip: An ovenproof skillet can also be used.
- Sieve the flour and salt into a large mixing bowl. Fold through the yoghurt until a dough is formed.
- Transfer the dough to a floured surface and knead for about 8 minutes until smooth. Cover and set aside until needed. *Chef’s Tip: If too sticky, add more flour, a little at a time, while kneading.
- In a clean mixing bowl, add the cream cheese along with 1½ cups of grated cheese. Sprinkle in the Colman’s Mustard Powder and chives mixing until well dispersed.
- Combine the Colman’s Cheddar Cheese Sauce Powder with the warm water, whisking until lump-free. Pour into the cheese mixture and whisk to mix. *Chef’s Tip: Replace water with milk for a richer cheese dip!
- Divide the dough into about 15 balls, 60-65g each, and roll each ball between the palms of your hands until smooth. Arrange the balls in a ring along the inner edge of the dish. Brush garlic butter generously over the bread rolls.
- Spoon the cheese dip mixture into the centre of the dish and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Bake in the oven for about 35 minutes or until the garlic rolls are golden brown and the cheese dip is bubbly.
- Garnish with the remaining chives and serve immediately alongside a spread of mince pies and crudites.