Easter Roasts Recipes
This Easter delight the whole family with a Colman’s Roast Dinner that says it all.
Easter time is the perfect occasion to bring the family together over a delicious roast dinner. To help out, we’ve jotted down our favourite Colman’s roast recipes below so you can make a wholesome and flavoursome meal that says it all.
Colman’s Roast Beef
Preparation time: 20 mins. Cooking Time: 45 mins.
- 1½kg (3½lbs) rib of beef
- 1tsp each of flour and Colman’s English mustard powder
- 1 Knorr Beef Gravy Pot
- 1tbsp olive oil plus a little more
- 6 parsnips, peeled and halved
- 6 carrots, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 4 shallots, peeled and halved
- Fresh herbs, e.g. sage, thyme
- Colman’s English Mustard
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, 190°C fan oven, Gas mark 7.
- Dust the beef with the flour and Colman’s English Mustard powder
- Heat a thick based frying pan on the hob and add the beef, fat side down. Once the fat has rendered and turned golden brown, turn the beef to sear all sides
- Remove the beef from the pan and place in a roasting tin with the vegetables. Drizzle the fat from the frying pan over the joint and vegetables and place the roasting tin on the hob for a few minutes to heat the pan
- Transfer to oven and cook for 15 minutes, then reduce to 190°C, 170°C fan oven, Gas Mark 5 for 15 minutes per lb for rare beef. Baste with the meat juices during cooking
- Remove the joint and vegetables from the roasting tin and place on a board or large plate to rest
- Spoon off most of the fat from the roasting tin, then add one gravy pot with 280ml warm water. Stir continuously with a whisk and bring to the boil
- Boil for 1 minute until thickened and serve with the beef, roast potatoes, seasonal vegetables and Yorkshire puddings
- To top off the meal, don’t forgot a dollop of Colman’s English Mustard
Colman’s Roast Lamb
Preparation time: 20 mins. Cooking Time: 4 hours.
- 1tbsp oil
- 1 whole part boned and rolled lamb shoulder
- 4 onions, peeled and cut into four
- 8 garlic cloves, sliced thickly
- 1l boiling water
- 1 Knorr Herb Infusion Stock Pot
- 1 Knorr Lamb Stock Cube
- 1tbsp tomato puree
- 1tsp corn flour
- Colman’s Mint Sauce
- Preheat the oven to 170°C, 150°C fan oven, Gas mark 3.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Place lamb in the pan and fry until the lamb is coloured all over to seal in the flavour
- Take a large oven dish. Add the onion, garlic, water, Knorr Herb Infusion Stock Pot, Knorr Lamb Stock Cube and the tomato puree
- Finally add the lamb. Cover with foil and cook in the oven until tender. It will take 3½–4 hours
- When the lamb is cooked, remove it from the dish. Put the cooking liquid into a saucepan, remove the excess fat, and then simmer for 10 minutes to reduce
- Mix the cornflour with a little cold water and whisk into the cooking liquid to thicken the sauce
- Carve the lamb and serve with a healthy dollop of Colman’s Mint sauce and seasonal vegetables