Cauliflower Cheese and leek
Recipe by Shepherd's Fruit & Veg - Swansea
Never has an Easter feast been better. Serve up this magnificent lamb pie and there’ll be hearty applause followed by delighted ooh-ing and aah-ing.
- Grab your cauliflower and 2-3 leeks from Gower Farm.
- Trim, wash, prepare & add to boiling water.
- Gently cook/simmer for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime make your cheese sauce: Melt a large knob of butter in a saucepan, stir in a large tablespoon of flour. Gradually add ½ a pint of milk, continuously stirring. Add your grated cheese – as much as you fancy. Finally season with salt and pepper, and add a dollop of Colman’s mustard.
- Drain your cauliflower & leeks.
- Place in an oven proof dish.
- Cover with cheese sauce.
- Scatter more cheese on top.
- Place in pre-heated oven (gas mark 4/5) for approx. 20 minutes.