Pigs in Blanket Christmas Casserole
Pigs in Blankets Casserole – just when you thought the festive season couldn’t get any better. Get the whole family involved and make moreish food and warm memories.
- Heat the oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Put the carrots, parsnips and onion in a deep baking dish or casserole, and toss in the oil.
- Season well and roast for 20 mins. Add the pigs in blankets and roast for a further 10-15 mins or until the bacon begins to crisp a little.
- Reduce the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6.
- Mix the sachet of Colman’s Sausage Casserole Mix with 300ml water in a jug.
- Add to the baking dish along with the vinegar. Cook for another 40 mins.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning if needed.
- Swirl through the cream, if using, and scatter over the chopped herbs.
- Serve with mashed potatoes or leftover roasties.