BENGALI Fish Curry with Raita
A Christmas feast, to say the least. Bring something warming and full of love to the table this holiday season.
- Season the fish steaks with a pinch of salt and pepper then set aside.
- Heat the ghee in a pan. Add nigella and allow to sizzle for just under a minute.
- Add the cumin, tumeric and ground coriander seeds and cook down for 2-3 minutes.
- Continue by adding the chopped onions and minced garlic. Cook until they become soft.
- Add 2 teaspoons of Colman’s mustard powder, followed by the chopped tomatoes, chopped chilli, sea salt and 120ml boiling water.
- Bring the curry to a boil, and allow it to cook down for 15-20 minutes.
- Gently place the cod fillets into the curry sauce and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Set the curry aside to rest whilst you prepare the raita.
- Peel and grate ¼ of a cucumber.
- Add the grated cucumber into the yogurt followed by the mint sauce. Stir well to ensure all the contents are well combined together.
- Serve the curry with some rice, naan bread and a generous dollop of raita.