A traditional British dish, this blend of onions and sage quickly creates a great tasting shepherd's pie the whole family will enjoy!
Serves: 4 People
How to cook:
1. Preheat oven to 200ºC, 400ºF, Gas Mark 6. (for fan assisted)
2. Brown the mince and onion in a large pan. Drain off any excess fat.
3. Blend the contents of sachet with the water and stir into the mince, adding the carrots and peas.
4. Bring to the boil, stirring and then transfer to an ovenproof dish.
5. Spoon the mashed potato over the mince and bake for 30 minutes.
6. Ensure piping hot and serve immediately with seasonal vegetables.
Why not try:
Sweet Potato Shepherd's Pie - a sweeter twist to this savoury classic, make your mash with 2 large parsnips and 3 sweet potatoes, mixing in 2 tsps of Colman's wholegrain mustard.
Wheat Flour, Tomato Puree Powder, Starch (Corn, Potato), Salt, Onion Powder (8.7%), Yeast Extract, Flavouring, Garlic, Sage (2.6%), Barley Malt Extract, Black Pepper, Sugar, Vegetable Oil, Rosemary, Powdered Lemon Juice. CONTAINS TRACES OF EGG AND MILK.
Suitable for vegetarians, No artificial colours, No artificial preservatives, No added MSG
Typical Values per 100g as sold:
of which sugars 15.3g
of which saturates 0.6g
Salt (based on sodium) 11.15g
Guideline Daily Amounts:
Each serving contains:
Calories 305 15%
Sugars 19.0g 21%
Fat 15.3g 22%
Saturates 6.7g 34%
Salt 1.65g 28%
of an adult's guideline daily amount