Ideal for those chilly winter days, this blend of spices quickly creates the perfect beef and onion casserole!
Serves: 4 People
How to cook:
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180ºC, 350ºF, Gas Mark 4 (170ºC for fan assisted).
2. Place the beef, onions and mushrooms in an ovenproof casserole dish.
3. Blend the contents of the sachet with the water and add to the dish.
4. Cover and cook in the oven for 1 1/2 hours or until the beef is tender.
5. Ensure piping hot and serve immediately with potatoes.
Why not try:
Beef and Ale Casserole with Horseradish Dumplings - follow the steps but replace water with ale and add 350g (12 oz.) of chopped parsnips. For the last 20 minutes of cooking add the dumplings, made using a dumpling mix and adding 2-3 tsps. of Colman's Horseradish sauce. Cook until golden brown.
Corn Starch, Onion Powder (12%), Salt, Yeast Extract, Wheat Flour, Flavourings (contains Milk), Barley Malt Extract, Garlic Powder, Mustard Seeds, Pepper, Vegetable Oil, White Wine Extract. CONTAINS TRACES EGG.
No artificial colours, No artificial preservatives, No added MSG
Typical Values per 100g as sold:
of which sugars 9.8g
of which saturates 0.4g
Salt (based on sodium) 8.35g
Guideline Daily Amounts:
Each serving contains:
Calories 306 15%
Sugars 3.2g 4%
Fat 11.3g 16%
Saturates 4.7g 24%
Salt 1.08g 18%
of an adult's guideline daily amount